Call for Submissions
At the Shopper Brain Conference, an international audience will gather to learn more about the latest and the greatest in retail research innovation. Inspire participants from leading brands, retailers, e-tailers, catalogers, trade marketers, and retail industry consultants.
We are looking for presentations related to retail research with a link to:
a) innovation in retail research (get insights faster, more accurate, or better predictive)
b) retail insights (tips, lessons, business cases, sales growth)
c) new behavioral science, consumer neuroscience, or marketing scientific insights
From the perspective of:
I) Retailers, etailers, wholesalers, and distributors
II) Manufacturers' brands
III) Customer experience, store, and display design
IV) In-store communications and marketing
The proposal consists of a text and a short video (e.g. made with your phone)
1. Proposal Text
The text should be no longer than 500 words (est. one A4). Within these 500 words, please include:
- A short bio of the presenter and organization
- Keyword set: choose a few words that clearly describe the main idea of your work
- Preferred presentation title
- Summary/content outline of a max of 75 words and a detailed description
- Short background on the scientific validity of the idea
- What the audience can learn
- Short motivation for why the topic is new, exciting, and needs to be included on the SBC agenda
The video should be no longer than one minute. The suggested presenter pitches the main idea of the presentation to the program committee. In this way we would like to check the presentation skills as well as the main ‘idea’ behind the talk: does it make us crave for more, is the topic cutting-edge and exciting?
Take into account that:
- The audience will vary in experience and background
- New and own work and ideas have the preference
- The format of the conference includes plenary presentations with 25-minute speaker slots and five minutes of Q&A. For the pace of the conference, there is a strong preference for solo speakers. If the submission suggests a duo presentation, please add the reasons why you think this presentation cannot be done by one presenter.
- Please indicate clearly if you would like to be considered as a speaker for the conference in Dublin, Singapore or both. This has no consequences for the selection process, but it's important for us to know this upfront.
Attendees are attending the conference to learn.
We will share your deck with the audience the Monday after the conference
By submitting your proposal you agree that we will share your deck with the audience if your submission is selected.
The Shopper Brain Conference does not cover travel expenses. Speakers are welcome to attend the conference free-of-charge (exclusive of pre-conference activities and dinners).
Send your proposal to email@example.com before February 28, 2023.